Sunday, March 8, 2009

As we prepare...

Well, the day we have known would come for months is less than 24 hours away now. It's been a great weekend spending time with family and trying to keep our minds off of the upcoming week. We needed to get a lot done around the house, and managed to get none of it done!

I have known for a long time to count my blessings, but the past few days have shown me that the blessings in my life are far too many to count. I am a true believer that God puts you exactly where He wants you. And Friday that became even more evident. The amazing group of people I work with could possibly be the most self less people I've ever met. I've known this for a long time, but Friday they poured their love out to our family. They gave over $700 in cash to Preston's medical fund, they put together baskets of snacks for the hospital, gave us gift cards to eat at a number of different places, and gift cards to Target and Walmart. They even put in a request to the Prayer Child Foundation for our sweet baby P. That foundation gave $800!! Wow!! Not only did they give us all of these things, they came together in prayer for us...the best gift anyone can give us. Everyone I work with gathered in the library after school on Friday to give me all of these incredible gifts. A-maz-ing!!


This has been a difficult road for us and I don't think I can really prepare for what lies ahead. I know that ther are so many prayers being said tonight and I know the Good Lord is listening. So, as we prepare for the morning I want everyone to know that we know everything will be all right. I've had to remember to breath sometimes and I'm sure I'll need to be reminded tomorrow, too. We are going to have a lot of family with us tomorrow and that will help to keep us occupied. I know that those of you who can't be there with us will be sending your good thoughts and prayers. Thank you!


As Baby P's doctors say, we've just got some plumbing issues to fix and he'll be good to go for a while. We know we have a long road ahead of us, but we'll get there.




Hmmm...an exact replica!!



The incredible gifts from everyone at school.

No comments: